We are looking for DB Admins to work for one of our clients on a long term contract.
While the position is mostly based from Thailand, there will be requirement to travel to ME every few months and occasionally to Finland.
- Strong knowledge of database backup and disaster recovery, performance tuning, security, high availability and technologies including:
- Oracle Data Guard,RMAN,ASM,and Oracle 12c
- Microsoft SQL 2014,2016,2017, and Always On in a 100% virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems including scripting.
- Good command of English language
- Communicate respectfully to a diverse community of colleagues and stakeholders, both on site and remotely
- Strong problem-solving abilities, demonstrated ability to research technical solutions independently
- Effectively collaborate with other teams, supporting other projects, systems and infrastructure
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within established timelines,ability to multi-task
- Ability to take on-call responsibilities, e.g. watch for email alerts when not on-duty along with the rest of the team to identify and fix problems
- Provide technical support, as needed, for client’s DB administration teams.
- Ensure database integrity, stability, and system availability.
- Manage team projects such as disaster recovery and high availability, installations andupgrades, migrations, security and auditing, and license reviews.
- Communicate both planned and unplanned outages to the appropriate teams.
- Recommend best practices for database systems configurations, storage, performance, highavailability, disaster recovery, data security, and backup/recovery planning.
- Continually improve database administration standards, guidelines, and procedures.