We are looking for Network Administrator to work with one of our clients on a long term contract. While the position is mostly based from Thailand, there will be requirement to travel to ME every few months and occasionally to Finland.
- Proven experience in an Information Security role,
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Good command of English language
- Communicate respectfully to a diverse community of colleagues and stakeholders, both on site and remotely
- Strong problem-solving abilities, demonstrated ability to research technical solutions independently
- Effectively collaborate with other teams, supporting other projects, systems and infrastructure
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within established timelines,ability to multi-task
- Ability to take on-call responsibilities, e.g. watch for email alerts when not on-duty along with the rest of the team to identify and fix problems
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
- Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patchmanagement systems, etc.
- Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate datasafeguards
- Analyze and establish security requirements for your networks
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Conduct security audits and make policy recommendations
- Provide technical security advice