We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our team and to a long-running client project.
Our frontend tech stack is Typescript, React, Graphql (Apollo Client), and XState. Our backend is AWS serverless; though, you will be focused on the frontend.
The ideal candidate we are looking for is a Single Page Applications (SPAs) specialist who has experience with the HTML Canvas API, is comfortable writing tests for their code using jest, can reason about user experience, and has experience dealing with complex state management.
We build custom web and mobile software for our clients. Which includes both local Thai companies and global businesses based around the world. This current project is part of a multi-year plan for a multinational client. There will be future opportunities to work on other projects as well.
This work can be done fully remotely during Thailand office hours, but you may also choose to work onsite at any Iglu office in Thailand.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- You will take a leadership role on the frontend of the application. This includes:
- Mentoring other frontend developers
- Reviewing frontend code
- Working with designers
- Thinking from the end user’s perspective
- Understanding how a project relates to a client’s business goals
- Interacting with the the client
- Setting an example by managing your time well
- As a frontend developer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Building a highly interactive graphical Single Page Application
- Collaborating with other developers, especially backend developers
- Owning a particular area or vertical; proactively solving problems in that domains; and, demonstrating architectural and systems thinking
- Demonstrating a solid understand of the SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle)
- Managing your work during a sprint and raising up potential blockers
- Interacting with the open source community by selecting and evaluating which libraries to use and submitting well written bug reports and pull requests
- Staying on top of how the industry changes and new innovations: always be learning
- Core Technologies: Typescript, React, XState, GraphQL, SPAs (Single Page Applications), HTML Canvas
- Other technologies: TailwindCSS, Nx, Apollo Client, Jest, and Cypress
- We collaborate using: Git, Github (Projects and PRs), VSCode, and Figma
- Project methodology: Experience with Scrum or some other form a Agile project management
Nice to have but not required:
- Redux or other React state management libraries
- Test Driven Development experience
- Design/UX experience
- Experience with “advanced” browser APIs like Service Workers, Web Workers, and BroadcastChannel
Iglu is a multinational network of companies that hires digital professionals around the world to work for international clients either fully remote or from its locations in Thailand, Vietnam and Hong Kong. We are organized to maximize a sustainable work-life balance for our employees, whilst delivering an efficient, productive, and high-quality service for our clients.
Join our community of like-minded digital professionals and access opportunities to work remotely in a whole new way. You will be part of an amazing group of people with a flexible company culture that encourages you to live the way you like and work on projects of your choice.