Iglu provides remote consultancy services to clients around the world. Now we are looking for additional consultants to join our Cloud Consulting Team in Bangkok.
You will be working fully remotely with one or more of our international clients. The focus of your role will be to advise and assist the clients in their cloud journey. Your assignments may be full-time or part-time projects related to cloud advisory services and hands-on implementations. Cloud consultants are typically assigned to work independently with clients IT, cloud architecture and software engineering teams.
In this role you are expected to be able to participate and contribute in finding new clients and projects for yourself and for your peers. Ideal candidate for this role has a background in consulting or outsourcing services or has created a successful freelancer/entrepreneur career.
We welcome applicants from anywhere in the world, but for this position you are required to relocate or to be already based in the Bangkok metropolitan area. Our team meets at the Bangkok office once a week.
For foreign employees we are able to sponsor a business visa and work permit. Our internal communication language is English.
Key responsibilities and requirements:
- Advisory and discovery:
- Help clients to analyze and understand their technical and business needs
- Assess existing solutions and services the client is using
- Create modern cloud architectures for clients
- Recommend technologies and services to clients
- Create roadmaps for clients’ cloud journey
- Provide advice on cloud financial and performance optimization
- Hands-on consulting:
- Create reusable cloud infrastructure blueprints for clients
- Migrate client’s existing on-prem workloads, including VMs and databases, to public clouds
- Modernize clients IT and business application infrastructure
- Help clients to modernize their legacy applications
- Create completely new cloud architectures and infrastructure as a code
- Sales and meetings:
- You are expected to actively participate in outbound sales and contribute in finding new client leads
- You will contribute in writing Scope of Work and proposals to new clients
- You must be able and willing to give presentations in internal and external meetings
- Minimum 5 years cloud-related hands-on experience as a professional cloud consultant
- Professional/Architect level cloud certification from AWS, Microsoft or Google
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines for software deployment or development projects
- One of the following specialization:
- A) Legacy infrastructure technologies including virtualization, networking and storage servers, especially in context of cloud migration planning (infrastructure focus)
- B) Software development methodologies, concepts, frameworks, integrations and release processes (application development focus)
- C) Business applications from companies such as Microsoft, SAP, Salesforce etc, including deployment planning and operations (integration focus)
- Business level command of English is mandatory
- Full-time employment at Iglu Thailand (Red Orange Co.Ltd.)
- Business visa and work permit sponsored (if applicable)
- Monthly base salary with performance related pay Social Security insurance and healthcare benefits
- Additional health and accident insurance provided
- Discount on more comprehensive health insurance plan (group policy)
- Remote work policy with one weekly office day (Bangkok)
Iglu is a multinational network of companies that hires digital professionals around the world to work for international clients either fully-remote or from its locations in Thailand, Vietnam and Hong Kong. We are organized to maximize a sustainable work-life balance for our employees, whilst delivering an efficient, productive and high-quality service for our clients.
Join our community of like-minded digital professionals and access opportunities to work remotely in a whole new way. You will be part of an amazing group of people with a flexible company culture that encourages you to live the way you like and work on projects of your choice.